How to open a demo account in MetaTrader 4
Demo accounts are a great way to get started with Forex trading, especially if you’re looking to test trading strategies without risking any capital.
Thankfully, the MetaTrader 4 platform makes it very easy to open a new demo account, and you can typically open as many as you want.
To get open a demo account, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. If you already have the MetaTrader 4 platform, open it. If not, download it from any reputable Forex broker, or from the MetaQuotes website.
2. At the top menu bar, click on ‘File’, then ‘Open an Account’. Your MT4 platform will then pull up a list of servers provided by your broker.
3. Select the demo server you wish to open a demo account in, and click ‘Next’.
4. In the next window, select ‘New demo account’ and click ‘Next’.
5. You will then be prompted to fill in a few details, including the Account Type, Deposit currency, Leverage, and (demo) Deposit amount. Finally, select the ‘I agree to subscribe to your newsletters’ radio button and click ‘Next’.
6. Wait a few seconds and your demo account should be immediately set up. Note down your account login number, as well as the account password and investor password.
7. Click ‘Finish’.
Congratulations, you have opened a demo account in MeaTrader 4!